Spinach & herb dressed grilled chicken salad
Don’t just make a salad with spinach; dress the salad with it too! This main meal recipe has pesto-like dressing which, when paired with nuts, sundried tomatoes, tender chicken and summery potatoes and beans, makes for a gloriously good way to feed friends over the weekend.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook25 mins
- Total time35 mins
- 160g Essential Spinach, washed and dried
- 25g pack basil, leaves picked
- 1 clove/s garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 200g pack trimmed fine green beans
- 500g baby new potatoes, halved or left whole
- 400g pack Essential British Chicken Mini Breast Fillets
- 40g toasted flaked almonds
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
Put 85g spinach, the basil, garlic, vinegar, oil and 1 tbsp water into a blender (or tall jug with a stick blender) and blend until smooth. Season and set aside.
Cook the beans in a pan of salted boiling water for 4 minutes. Using tongs, lift them out into a large platter or bowl. Boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender, then drain and allow to steam dry.
As the potatoes cook, season the chicken and drizzle with a little oil. Set a griddle pan over a medium heat and, when hot, add the chicken. Griddle for 3-4 minutes each side until browned, cooked all the way through, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat.
Add the potatoes to the beans on the platter and toss with most of the dressing. Top with the chicken, drizzle over the remaining dressing, then add the reserved spinach leaves. Sprinkle over the almonds and tomatoes and serve.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe