Lemony broccoli & butter bean traybake
Preserved lemon is a powerhouse ingredient. Just a small amount of its salty, sherbet flavour transforms the simplest ingredients into something special.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook20 mins
- Total time30 mins
- 200g tenderstem broccoli spears
- 1 red onion,cut into thin wedges
- 2 clove/s garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Lebanese 7 Spice Blend
- 400g can Essential Butter Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 preserved lemon, pips removed, finely chopped
- ½ x 20g pack dill, fronds chopped
- 4 tbsp Oatly! Creamy Oat Fraîche
- 2 vegan flatbreads (we used Crosta & Mollica Piadina)
Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Cut the broccoli stems and any chunkier spears in ½ lengthways. In a roasting tin, mix together the red onion, broccoli, garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1½ tsp spice mix; season and roast for 15 minutes. Tip the beans into the tin and stir together with the broccoli and remaining ½ tsp spice mix. Return to the oven and cook for a further 3-5 minutes until the beans are piping hot and the veg is tender and turning golden.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the preserved lemon, ½ of the dill and the remaining 1 tsp oil. Season with black pepper and set aside. In another small bowl, mix the remaining dill through the oat fraîche and season. Just before the veg has finished cooking, heat the flatbreads in the oven for 3 minutes. Scatter the preserved lemon mixture and herbyoat fraîche over the veg and serve with the flatbreads.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe