Garlic king prawn & butter bean stew
A fragrant tapas-esque prawn dish, on the table in just 20 minutes. Try adding a handful of chopped parsley at the end, if you have some left over.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook10 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 1 tbsp Essential Olive Oil
- 3 clove/s garlic, finely sliced
- 200g Essential Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 150ml low salt vegetable stock
- 400g can Essential Butter Beans, drained and rinsed
- 150g pack Essential Cooked King Prawns
- 1 pinch chilli flakes, to serve (optional)
- 1 lemon, wedges, to serve (optional)
- Crusty bread, to serve (optional)
Heat the oil in a large frying or sauté pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute until just turning golden and fragrant. Add the tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes more, until starting to soften.
Add the stock and butter beans and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
Stir in the prawns and heat through until piping hot. Scatter with the chilli flakes, if liked, then serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread, if using.
You can make the recipe up to the end of step 2 in advance. Simply reheat the stew and add the prawns when ready to serve. King prawns are a good source of low fat protein. You could also use raw king prawns and simmer them with the beans for 2-3 minutes until completely cooked through and opaque.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe