Falafel rainbow sandwich
The key to a successful sandwich is layers of texture, flavour and colour. This rainbow starts with harissa-coated red peppers and houmous, moves down through falafel, garlicky olives and parsley followed by black tahini, and finishes with tangy purple beetroot. It's vegan, too.
- Prepare20 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 465g jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 130g pitted green olives, finely chopped
- ½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- ½ lemon, juice
- 4 tbsp black tahini
- 6 tbsp non-dairy yogurt alternative
- 250g pack baby beetroot in mild malt vinegar, sliced
- 8 slices multigrain farmhouse batch
- 200g pack falafel, each torn in half
- 6 tbsp red pepper houmous
Tear the peppers into chunks and stir through the harissa. In another bowl, mix the olives, chopped parsley, garlic and lemon juice. In a third bowl, stir together the tahini and non-dairy yogurt alternative.
Arrange the sliced beetroot in a single layer over 4 slices of bread, then spoon over the tahini mixture followed by the olive mixture. Add the falafel. Arrange the harissa peppers over the remaining 4 slices of bread, then spread on the houmous. Sandwich the halves together so the peppers are at the top of the rainbow before serving.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe