For a touch of luxury, Katie Bishop suggests seasoning your air fried crisps with Cooks’ Ingredients Truffle Salt – simply omit the herbs.
For tips on cooking safely with your air fryer, go to the method tab
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook15 mins
- Total time25 mins
Scrub and dry the vegetables – there’s no need to peel them. Using a mandolin or thinbladed sharp knife, cut them into the thinnest possible diagonal slices, about 3mm thick. Prepare the beetroot last so the colour doesn’t run too much.
Dry all the vegetables thoroughly with kitchen paper or a clean tea towel. Sprinkle with ½ of the salt, black pepper and herbs (if using).
Preheat the air fryer to 180ºC. Place the vegetables in the air fryer tray, spray with a few squirts of oil, toss and cook for 15-16 minutes, shaking every 5 minutes, until golden and crisp.
Meanwhile, mix the remaining salt, pepper and herbs (if using) on a large baking sheet. As soon as the vegetables are crisp, toss them with the seasoning and spread over the tray to cool.
If you don’t have an air fryer, preheat the oven to 160ºC, gas mark 3, then bake the vegetables in a single layer on a large baking tray for 20-25 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the seasoning before serving.
Customer safety tips
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions and advice for specific foods
- Pre-heat the air fryer to the correct temperature
- If cooking different foods together, be aware that they may require different times and temperatures
- Spread food evenly – do not overcrowd pan/chamber
- Turn food midway through cooking
- Check food is piping/steaming hot and cooked all the way through
- Aim for golden colouring – do not overcook
- Use a food thermometer/probe to check temperature: more details here
- Check out the FSA webpage for further advice: www.food.gov.uk