Save to your scrapbook
Summer pudding almond slice
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
215g sheet Cooks’ Ingredients Frozen All Butter Shortcrust Pastry, defrosted
150g butter, softened
110g caster sugar
3 British Blacktail Large Free Range Eggs
150g ground almonds
40g plain flour
2 tbsp raspberry jam
300g pack Waitrose Duchy Organic Frozen Berry Mix, defrosted and drained
1 tbsp demerara sugar
1. Grease a shallow-sided 20cm square cake tin and line with baking parchment so that it stands 3cm proud of the tin.
2. Unroll the pastry on a work surface. Place the tin on the pastry (making sure the base is clean). Using a small sharp knife, cut around the base adding an extra 1cm all the way round. Place the pastry in the tin, gently pressing it into the base (the edges will come up slightly around the sides). Place in the fridge. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the butter, caster sugar, eggs, ground almonds and flour.
4. Using the back of a spoon, spread the jam over the chilled pastry base and spread two-thirds of the almond mixture on top of that. Arrange the fruit on top, then blob on the remaining almond mixture and spread it out (it doesn’t matter if you slightly squash the fruit). Sprinkle over the demerara sugar.
5. Place the tin on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes. Cool before lifting out of the tin with the parchment paper. Remove the paper and use a large sharp knife to cut into 12 slices.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Wed Jul 10 14:22:52 BST 2019.