Save to your scrapbook
Smoked mackerel linguine with crispy lemon crumbs
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
400g courgettes, trimmed and cut into thin strips
230g pack Waitrose Boneless Hot Smoked Mackerel Fillets
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
Small knob of butter
4 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Fresh Breadcrumbs
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes, stirring now and then. Add the courgette and sauté for 10-15 minutes until softened.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water according to pack instructions. Skin and flake the mackerel.
3. Stir the lemon zest and juice and the parsley into the onion and courgettes.
4. Drain the pasta, return to the pan and add the courgette mix and fish. Toss and season. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil with the butter and, when sizzling, stir in the breadcrumbs with a pinch of salt. Toast until golden.
5. Divide the pasta among 4 warmed bowls, top each with the crispy fried breadcrumbs and serve.
Typical values per serving:
935mg omega 3/1 of your 5 a day
This recipe was first published in Thu May 09 14:18:00 BST 2019.