Save to your scrapbook
Spicy mushroom & tomato tacos
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
• 3 x 130g packs British king oyster mushrooms
• 1⁄4 tsp ground cumin
• 1⁄4 tsp chilli powder
• 1⁄4 tsp salt
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 8 soft taco wraps
• 1⁄4 x 25g pack coriander, leaves only
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• 2 tsp caster sugar
• 1⁄2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp cider vinegar
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 jalapeño chilli, finely chopped
• 1 small red onion, finely chopped
• 2 avocados, mashed
• 1 lime, juice, plus extra wedges to serve
1. Preheat the grill to medium (about 250°C) and thinly slice the mushrooms. In a bowl, combine the mushrooms, spices, salt and oil; coat everything well. Put the mushrooms on a baking tray in a single layer and grill for 15 minutes, then turn over and grill for another 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for the tomato sauce, put all the ingredients in a large pan and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. Reduce the heat and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes. For the guacamole, combine all the ingredients except the lime wedges with a pinch of salt in another bowl.
3. Heat a frying pan or griddle over a high heat and cook each taco wrap for 10 seconds per side, then wrap in a clean tea towel to keep warm. To serve, put a tablespoon of the guacamole onto each taco, then a tablespoon of the tomato sauce, and top with some of the mushrooms. Scatter over the coriander leaves and serve with the lime wedges.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Wed Sep 01 09:19:25 BST 2021.