Save to your scrapbook
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
200g pack Waitrose MSC North Atlantic Prawns
140g pack Waitrose 1 Tiger Prawns
200g pack Waitrose 1 Madagascan Crevettes
150g tub Waitrose Smooth & Creamy Mayonnaise (chilled)
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
6 drops Tabasco (or to taste)
1 tbsp brandy or dry sherry (optional)
1 pack 4 little gem hearts
1 Waitrose 1 Perfectly Ripe Avocado
50g jar Elsinore Salmon Caviar (optional)
Lemon wedges and buttered wholemeal bread, to serve
1. Pat the prawns and crevettes dry on kitchen paper.
2. Mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Tabasco, brandy or sherry (if using) together then season.
3. Cut 3 of the gem hearts into thin wedges and shred the remaining one. Halve the cucumber lengthways and remove the seeds with a teaspoon, then cut into long diagonal slices. Remove the skin and stone from the avocado and slice the flesh.
4. Scatter the lettuce, cucumber and avocado over a large platter. Top with both the peeled prawns and drizzle with half the dressing. Dot with spoonfuls of the salmon caviar (if using), crevettes and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Serve with remaining dressing, lemon wedges and buttered wholemeal bread.
Typical values per serving:
Including serving suggestion
This recipe was first published in Thu Dec 08 09:33:00 GMT 2016.
Average user rating