Save to your scrapbook
Potato scones with scrambled egg, smoked salmon & asparagus
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
400g floury potatoes such as Maris Piper or King Edward
100g plain flour
3 tbsp chopped chives
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
150g asparagus tips, halved lengthways
Knob of butter
1 tbsp olive oil
6 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range eggs, beaten together
100g pack smoked salmon
1. Peel and quarter the potatoes, place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes until very tender. Drain well and tip back into the saucepan and allow to dry out over a gentle heat, then set aside.
2. Mash the potatoes until smooth then stir in the plain flour and chives and season well. Mix together thoroughly. Leave to cool completely then shape into 8 patties.
3. Heat the rapeseed oil in a frying pan and cook the potato cakes for about 2-3 minutes each side over a medium heat until golden and cooked through. Set aside to keep warm while you prepare the eggs (in step 5).
4. Meanwhile, bring a medium pan of water to the boil and cook the asparagus tips for 2 minutes then drain and refresh under cold water. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
5. Heat the butter and olive oil in a medium saucepan and when the butter has melted, stir in the eggs. Keep stirring gently until the eggs are creamy and cooked, then season.
6. Serve 2 potato cakes per person with scrambled eggs and asparagus, topped with slices of smoked salmon.
Typical values per serving: