Save to your scrapbook
Mediterranean tear & share bread
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
500g LoveLife Oat & Linseed Bread Mix
25g Stork for Biscuits & Pastry
2 tbsp mixed seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
2 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Simple Sumac, plus extra for sprinkling
12-14 Sun Drenched Tomatoes, drained and snipped
1 small courgette, trimmed and coarsely grated
200g essential Greek Light Salad Cheese, chopped Plain flour, for dusting
Olive oil, for brushing
1. Tip the bread mix into a large bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in the Stork until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in 2 tbsp of the mixed seeds and 2 tsp of sumac. Add the tomatoes, grated courgette and ¾ of the cheese, and mix together.
2. Pour in 240ml room-temperature water and stir to mix. Using your hands, continue mixing to bring the dough together and into a ball. Tip the dough onto a floured surface and gently knead it for 5 minutes. It will be sticky but don’t worry; dust your hands and the surface with flour regularly. (You can knead the dough in a food mixer fitted with a dough hook if you have one.) Return the dough to the cleaned and lightly greased mixing bowl, cover with clingfilm and set aside in a warm place for an hour.
3. Tip the dough onto a floured surface. Cut it into eight even pieces and, using floured hands,roll each one into a ball.
4. Arrange the dough balls in a rectangle on an oiled baking sheet with about 1cm gap between them. Brush them lightly with oil, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, some seeds and a dusting of sumac. Set aside for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 230°C, gas mark 8.
5. Bake the bread for 25-30 minutes or until golden and risen. Serve warm.
Typical values per serving:
Source of fibre
This recipe was first published in Thu Oct 18 10:43:00 BST 2018.